CEO & Co-founder
KJ Erickson leads Public Market, a venture-backed company leveraging blockchain technology to enable eCommerce without middlemen.
KJ ERICKSON'S BIOGRAPHY
KJ Erickson is the CEO & Co-Founder of Public Market, a venture-backed blockchain company that is building a decentralized protocol for fair, competitive, and commission-free eCommerce. A graduate of Stanford University and Oxford Business School, KJ is trained in economics and game theory and is passionate about building consumer-facing web products and marketplaces backed by alternative currencies.
KJ has 14 years experience as an entrepreneur, having been backed by top VCs including Greylock, Foundation Capital, Norwest, Maveron. Her Y Combinator-backed company Abundance Labs created Simbi, the world’s largest services marketplace run on a digital currency.
KJ has received numerous awards including Rolling Stone’s “People Shaping the Future”, The New Leaders Council’s “Top 40 Leaders Under 40” and CNN’s “People You Should Know.” KJ is also a Skoll Scholar and a Clinton Foundation Honoree who spent her early professional life in refugee camps and post-conflict zones in Africa, partnering with UNHCR to bring innovative development services to victims of war.
KJ’s work has been featured in numerous publications, including the Los Angeles Times, TechCrunch, Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, NPR, INC. Glamour, Stanford Social Innovation Review, Fast Company, Rolling Stone, and Entrepreneur.
KJ has been featured in the following outlets
KJ regularly writes about blockchain business models, tokenization and network effects, and the future of eCommerce. In fact, KJ has been featured as a Top Writer in Tech on Medium for her writings.
Recent thought leadership pieces have included the following:
- The Disruptability Index: 8 Risk Factors Determining Internet Giants' Vulnerability to Decentralization
- The Future Of Network Effects: Tokenization and the End of Extraction
- Invisible & Strictly Better: How Decentralized Apps Go Mainstream
- 18 Stats That Show Why eCommerce Is A Massive Opportunity For Blockchain
- In Their Own Words: Why Sellers Are Fed Up With Amazon
KJ has been invited to speak about the the future of blockchain, eCommerce, and digital currencies at prestigious events and conferences around the world.
As a seasoned public speaker, KJ enjoys engaging audiences around a multitude of subjects. Recent talks have explored the following topics:
- How decentralization enables fair eCommerce
- Game theory, cryptocurrency, and utility tokens
- Raising venture capital as a female founder
- How decentralized applications will go mainstream
- What the blockchain world is missing about consumer psychology
- The best use cases for blockchain adoption
- The future of marketplace eCommerce
- BlockWorld Keynote Speaker, 2018
- Block Seoul, 2018
- CryptoFinance Conference, 2018
- StartEngine Los Angeles, 2018
- Token Fest San Francisco, 2018
- One World Blockchain Alliance Davos, 2018